Contact information Association of the Netherlands Business Circle Valencia:
C / San Rafael, 2-A, pta. 25
This privacy statement was last modified on: 24-06-2018
The AVG (General Data Protection Regulation) entered into force on 25 May 2018. This also applies to all foundations and associations. All associations have to deal with personal data that must be handled safely. We briefly explain what this means for our association.
The revised law must protect people’s privacy better. These are stricter rules for processing personal data (including collecting, storing, changing, consulting, using and deleting personal data).
The NZKV can process personal data about you because you use the services of the NZKV and / or because you provide it to the NZKV when you fill in a contact form on the website. The NZKV processes your personal data in order to be able to contact you by telephone if you so request, and / or to be able to contact you in writing (by e-mail and / or by post) if you are unable to reach us by telephone.
In this privacy statement we explain how we handle your personal data. We make clear in this privacy statement which personal data we collect and for what purposes we use it. We also explain how you can view, change or delete your data. We believe it is important that you are well aware of this and recommend that you read this statement carefully.
Dutch Business Circle Valencia and privacy
The Dutch Business Circle Valencia (NZKV) is an independent, non-profit association of and for members of the association. For more information see www.nzkv.es. Through our website and mailings we offer all kinds of activities and information to members and non-members. We also use privacy-sensitive information, also known as personal data.
Are you obliged to provide personal data?
In most cases it is, because it is necessary to use your personal data in order to be able to offer the service or product that you purchase from us. In that case the use of your data is necessary for the agreement: namely membership of the NZKV, or participation in targeted activities.
In some cases we cooperate with other organizations or companies in the execution of our services.
Personal data is carefully processed and secured by us. We thereby adhere to the requirements of privacy legislation.
This implies that we at least:
- Processing of your personal data is limited to only those data that are at least necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- Ask for your explicit permission if we need it for the processing of your personal data;
- Have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of your personal data;
- Do not transfer personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the purposes for which they were provided;
- Being aware of your rights regarding your personal data, wanting to point this out to you and respect it.
Use of personal data
Personal data of members and non-members are processed by the NZKV for the following purpose (s):
- Administrative purposes (member administration, participant lists with regard to activities, collections and payments);
- Communication with members (invitations, mailings and newsletters);
For the above objectives, NZKV may process the following personal data from you:
- First Name;
- Last name;
- Postal Code;
- Telephone number;
- E-mail address;
- Date of birth;
- Company Name
- Bank account number (for automatic contribution collection) questions that you make available to us, and / or notifications that you pass on to us
Surfing behavior and statistics
General visitor information is recorded on our website. We register the IP address of your computer, possibly username and time of visit. We use this data to analyze surfing behavior and possibly improve our website and services.
Distribution to third parties
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processing agreement. We naturally make the necessary arrangements with these parties (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data. Furthermore, we will not provide the information you provide to other parties, unless this is legally required and permitted. In such a case we must cooperate and are therefore obliged to provide this information. We can also share personal data with third parties if you give us written permission for this.
We take appropriate security measures to limit misuse and unauthorized access to your personal data. We have an information security policy for this. In this way we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are regularly checked.
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing, for example we have taken the following measures:
- All persons who can view your data on behalf of the NZKV are bound by confidentiality.
- We use a username and password policy on all our systems.
- We pseudonymize and take care of the encryption of personal data if there is reason to do so.
- We make backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore it in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our board members have been informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
We do not keep the data longer than necessary. We use a standard retention period of 2 years. This means that we will delete your data 2 years after you have been a member and / or active. If a different retention period applies, we will inform you accordingly. Exceptions to this are the data that we must keep for longer because the law requires us to do so, such as data for the Tax Authorities.
Third party websites
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website through links. We cannot guarantee that these websites handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. Always read the privacy statement of this website before using the relevant website, for more information about how they handle your data.
Mailings and newsletters for non members
If you appreciate this and you are not a member, you can sign up for our mailings. Personal data is also processed in this context and stored in our relationship management system. Receiving our mailings can be stopped at any time via the method specified in the mailings.
We only process personal data of minors (persons younger than 16 years of age) if written permission has been given by the parent, guardian or legal representative.
Rights regarding your data
You have the following rights under the new privacy regulation:
- The right to inspect: you have the right to see which personal data we process about you.
- The right of correction: if the personal data that we process about you is incorrect, you have the right to have it adjusted;
- The right of deletion: if we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to delete it. There are a number of exceptions to this, such as our obligation to store certain data for, among others, the Tax Authorities;
- The right of limitation: during the period that we are busy determining whether your data must be corrected, determining the unlawfulness of data processing, determining whether data should be deleted or you have lodged an objection to the processing, you have the right to request a limitation of processing;
- The right to data portability: at your request, we must transfer all personal data we hold about you to you or another organization of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of permission or agreement;
- Right of objection: if we process data on the grounds of legitimate interest or public interest, it is possible to object, after which a weighing of interests will follow. In the case of direct marketing you always have the right to object.
These requests are free of charge and are processed within 1 month of the date.
If you cannot find a solution or would like additional information about invoking your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. It is advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly.
If you wish to contact us as a result of this privacy statement, you can do so via email@example.com.
To prevent abuse, we ask you to identify yourself with a written request by sending a copy of a valid proof of identity. Do not forget to shield your NIE and your passport photo on the copy. For example, you can use the Copy ID app for this. Even if you submit your application by telephone, we will have to be able to identify you on the basis of the information known to us before we will process your request.
When you submit a request for inspection, correction, modification and / or removal to us, we ensure that your request is processed within 4 weeks. If we are unable to complete it within this period, we will inform you accordingly.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Of course we are happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not be able to work with us, you are also entitled to submit a complaint to the privacy regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority, based on privacy legislation. For this you can contact the Agencia Española de Proteccion de datos.
Entry into force
This (renewed) privacy statement entered into force on July 13, 2018.
The data protection officer of the NZKV is Roberto Fernandez. He can be reached via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org